September 10, 2012

This Little Book

Salam and Hello!
Before I post out my last weekend activity, here is some hints.

During my study year in aviation, I (with friends) had made copies of books and documents related to aircraft engineering and maintenance for our future references. All copies had been sent to the binding shop except for one. This 737-300 systems manual was hand-bound by me myself. I used some recycled brown corrugated box and scrapped wrapping paper for the cover. It cost me nothing. :)

But I just used adhesive to bind it.
Simple!





And this little handmade notebook (I made 3-- but only this one left!), was used for note-taking, sketching and doodling during working at the aircraft. Handy and cute!


  

And as always, I like to put my 'signature' on my own handmade stuff. [berangan!]


This box, made of the hardcover from some old book, I joined and glued them, then covered the box with the water-based adhesive craft paper tape. I used stencil technique for the maple leaves, then finally sprayed with the gloss paint.
 

 
These are the latest books that I've made.
{{Actually I made these notebook, for sale at MIAT's Registration Day past 2 months, but I could make only two. Ha-ha!}}
The covers are made of felt, and are ring-bound.





Cute, ain't it?
That's a little bit on bookbinding. Next entry will something about what I've been doing last weekend. Wait for it, ya.

By the way, please alert. I giving something away! So, stay tune!


Till then.
Ta-ta!


No comments: