April 8, 2011

::DIY Wedding:: The Shoe Clips

I spent less on the shoes for my wedding. I bought only a pair of silvery white shoes and I wore them in both ceremonies - at Ipoh and Gombak. But it was a different thing when I had an orange-colored Baju Kurung and Imran had a black suit with an orange theme, and I had an out-of-theme pair of shoes.

Just so that the shoes wouldn't look so much different, I need something orange to put on. I've made a pair of shoe clips. Made of orange satin and white organza. Beaded and a clip was handsewn at the back of each.

Generally, the shoes still looked out-of-theme. But, does it matter? Well, in Malay's wedding it does (I guess). But, who cares? I like to be different, by the way. (even though, a night before the ceremony at Gombak, I told Imran that I was thinking I'd look different and what would people say. And I asked if I could buy a new shoes. But he said, "Just don't care of what people say. It's our wedding.". Yeah, he was right.)

Well, those shoes, they made my day! Yeay!


I love myself!

See ya!


2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi!.... i wondering where did u get those shoe clips from?
A friend of mine is getting married, and we plan to do alot of DIY stuff. We been searching high and low for shoe clips but still no luck.

Norlaili Lott said...

you mean the clips? got them from one secondhand shop in Klang. it's actually the earring clip. by the way, sorry for the late reply. :)