April 9, 2011

:: DIY Wedding :: White. Oh!


When I was sent to Kota Kinabalu last year by the Institute to interview some students prior to further their study in our place, I happened to walk alone from the hotel to Pasar Filipina, the well-known local craft market.

Thinking of buying some souvenirs for people in Semenanjung, I walked inside the market and was frenzied by all handmade stuff they put up for sale. Pearls, beads, crystals, shell craft... everything!

I ended up with buying some crystal bracelets, pearls and a few strings of crystal beads. I was thinking of making hair accessories with the beads, but after a few months they were still on the strings.

Finally, an idea came to my head when someone told me to put something on my handmade white chiffon flower headband I'd made for my wedding. She said it looked plain and I had to add some colors on it. So, I decided to bind the beads with the silver wires and wound them around the flowers.

And this is the one that I'd worn during the solemnization together with the white laced veil.







That's all!
Happy Weekend!


No comments: